In This Episode
How is cooking like weight loss? You’re about to find out! In this episode of the Live Diet Free podcast, I’m sharing 8 ways that cooking is like weight loss.
From needing to go “low and slow” to merging both science & art, to getting distracted by shiny objects, there are a lot more similarities between cooking and weight loss than you might think.
I still don’t consider myself to be a great cook, but I’ve come a long way from having all my meals come out of the toaster or microwave (ah, those post-college days!).
But over the years of learning and improving my cooking skills, I’ve continued to struggle with cooking chicken. Raw chicken grossed me out and I was afraid of either under- or over-cooking it.
So, about a month ago I set out to learn how to cook chicken – and discovered a bunch of lessons that connect to weight loss, too!
- Being patient and keeping the heat low is key – whether we’re talking about the temperature of the stove or the intensity of your weight loss plan
- Start with the basics
- Don’t be distracted by “shiny objects”
- Cooking and weight loss are both an art and a science
- It can feel like you don’t have much to show for all the work you’re doing
- You may not recognize the progress you’re making because it happens slowly, over time
- Everyone has their own preferences and style
- Keep it simple – don’t overcomplicate things
I dive way deeper into each of these in the full episode.
…And like many of you, I had to learn some of these lessons more than once before they stuck!
Whether you love to cook or can barely boil an egg, there is something in this episode for you!
- How to get better results both with your weight loss and your cooking!
- Why slow and low is the way to go
- What to focus on and what is just a distraction
- How to find evidence that you can get all the way to your goal
- Where to start when you don’t know where to start
- Tips to make cooking and weight loss more fun!
Previous Episodes Mentioned: