In This Episode
Podcast episodes 75-79 are featuring some of my good friends who own businesses that can help you level up all the areas of your life: parenting, career, sleep, style, you name it!
In this episode, we’re talking about dressing your body better and flattering your figure at any size.
Elysha Lenkin is a personal stylist who helps women express themselves through fashion so they look current, feel confident and stay true to themselves. Since the 90s she’s been styling women of all shapes, sizes and ages on commercial shoots in NYC including Carrie Underwood, Tina Fey and Serena Williams.
Along the way, she noticed that everyday women (like us), often struggle with simply getting dressed in the morning. You might feel frustrated with your body and not really understand how to dress your particular body type.
And starting your day from a place of frustration is NOT where we want to be.
So Elysha pivoted her business to work with everyday women, both 1-on-1 and in group styling programs, so they understand what to wear, what highlights their bodies and how to define their style so they feel more confident in life.
She says, “the body is never the problem.” It’s just about the clothes you choose.
Elysha talks about how to highlight the parts of you that you love, rather than focusing on what you want to downplay or hide, how the size of your clothing is just a number (like the number on the scale), and how to create a simple capsule wardrobe for the in-between stages of your weight loss journey.
So much of choosing clothes that make you feel great is being intentional and asking yourself, “How do I want to feel when I get dressed in the morning?”
- Tips on dressing for your natural body shape
- How to dress your body when you’re in the process of losing weight
- How your choice in clothing can impact how you show up for yourself and your goals (including losing weight)
- Common challenges of dressing your “new body” after reaching your weight loss goal and how to make it a positive experience
Connect with Elysha:
- Sign up for her FREE Reclaim Your Style event
- Follow her on Instagram @elysha_nyc
- Join the “Closet Shopping Collective” Facebook group
- Visit her website