Air Fryer Chicken Nuggets
- 1 lb Extra Lean Ground Chicken
- 2/3 oz Unbleached All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper (to taste)
- 1 Egg
- 1 cup Bread Crumbs
- 1/16 oz Avocado Oil Spray
- Preheat the air fryer to 370ºF (190ºC).
- In a large bowl mix together the chicken, flour, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper.
- Set up your breading station: Whisk the egg(s) in one bowl and add the bread crumbs into a second bowl. Season the bread crumbs with salt and pepper.
- Scoop the chicken into golf ball-sized pieces and flatten slightly with your hands. Place into the egg mixture, coating on all sides and tapping off any excess. Transfer to the bread crumbs and coat on all sides, tapping off any excess.
- Place the chicken nuggets into the air fryer in an even layer and spray with oil. Work in batches if needed to prevent overcrowding. Bake for 13 to 15 minutes, until crispy and cooked through, flipping halfway and spraying with more oil on the second side. Enjoy!
LeftoversRefrigerate in an airtight container for up to three days.
Serving SizeOne serving is four nuggets. This recipe yields about 16 nuggets total.
Additional ToppingsServe with honey, BBQ sauce or another favorite sauce on the side.
Gluten-FreeUse gluten-free flour and bread crumbs.