Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan
Servings: 4 servings
- 12 ozs Chicken Breast (pounded thin)
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper (to taste)
- 2 1/16 ozs Unbleached All Purpose Flour
- 1 Egg
- 1 cup Bread Crumbs
- 1/4 cup Parmigiano Reggiano (finely grated)
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 cup Marinara Sauce
- 3 1/2 ozs Mozzarella Ball
- 2 tsps Parsley (chopped fine)
- Pat the chicken dry and season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat the air fryer to 380ºF (195ºC).
- Set up your breading station: place the flour in one large bowl. Whisk the egg(s) in a second large bowl and add the bread crumbs, parmesan, and garlic powder into a third bowl. Season the bread crumbs with salt and pepper.
- Coat the chicken in the flour, shaking off any excess, and then in the egg, followed by the bread crumbs. Repeat with any remaining pieces.
- Transfer the chicken to the air fryer. Work in batches if needed, ensuring they don't overlap. Spray with avocado oil and bake for 12 minutes, flipping halfway through. Be sure to spray with oil after flipping.
- Spread the marinara sauce on top of the chicken and top with mozzarella. Return to the air fryer and cook for two to three minutes, until the cheese has melted. Top with parsley and season with salt and pepper. Enjoy!
LeftoversRefrigerate in an airtight container for up to three days.
Additional ToppingsBasil leaves.
Gluten-FreeUse gluten-free all purpose flour and bread crumbs.
Dairy-FreeUse plant-based cheese shreds.
Calories: 398kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 134mg | Sodium: 487mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 464IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 269mg | Iron: 3mg