Apple Turkey Sausage Patties with Sauteed Greens
- 1 lb Extra Lean Ground Turkey
- 1 Apple
- 1 tbsp Ginger (peeled and grated)
- 1 tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 2 tbsps Extra Virgin Olive Oil (divided)
- 8 cups Baby Spinach
- 1 tbsp Water
- Place the ground turkey in a large mixing bowl. Pat it with a paper towel to remove any excess moisture.
- Peel, core and grate the apple using a box grater. Squeeze out the excess juice from the apple and discard. Add the apple to the turkey along with the ginger, Italian seasoning, apple cider vinegar and salt. Gently mix to combine then form the meat mixture into thin patties, approximately 4 inches in diameter.
- In a large skillet or frying pan, heat half of the oil over medium-high heat. In batches, cook the sausage patties for about 2 to 3 minutes per side or until golden brown and cooked through. Wipe the pan out and add more oil in between batches.
- When you are finished cooking the patties, use the same skillet to wilt the spinach with water.
- To serve, divide spinach and sausage patties between plates and season with additional salt if needed. Enjoy!
Serving SizeThere are approximately four thin patties per serving.
LeftoversRefrigerate in an airtight container for up to three days. The patties can be frozen for up to three months.
Best FlavorA tart apple like a Granny Smith or Honeycrisp works best for this recipe.
No SpinachUse another leafy greens like kale, Swiss chard or collard greens.
No Ground TurkeyUse ground chicken, lamb, beef, pork or bison instead.