Beef & Bean Minestrone
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 lb Extra Lean Ground Beef
- 1 Yellow Onion (medium, finely chopped)
- 2 Carrot (medium, chopped)
- 2 stalks Celery (finely chopped)
- 4 Garlic (cloves, minced)
- 1 1/3 tbsps Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/4 cup Tomato Paste
- 4 cups Beef Broth
- 3 1/2 cups Diced Tomatoes (from the can)
- 2 cups Mixed Beans (cooked)
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 Zucchini (medium, chopped)
- 2 cups Baby Spinach
- In a large pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add ground beef to the pot. With a wooden spoon or spatula, break the beef into small pieces as it cooks. Stir until it is cooked through and no longer pink.
- Add the onions, carrots, celery, garlic, Italian seasoning and salt. Cook until onions are just translucent, about 7 minutes. Add tomato paste and stir to incorporate.
- Add the beef broth, diced tomatoes, mixed beans and bay leaf. Stir to incorporate then bring soup to a gentle boil.
- Stir in the zucchini and the spinach. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook uncovered for about 40 minutes until vegetables are very tender and soup has reduced slightly.
- Remove the bay leaf. Divide into bowls and enjoy!
LeftoversKeeps well in the fridge up to 3 days. Store in the freezer for longer.
Serving SizeOne serving is roughly 1 1/2 cups.
No Ground BeefUse ground turkey or ground chicken instead.
More CarbsStir in cooked pasta or noodles before serving.
Likes it CheeseySprinkle with parmesan or nutritional yeast.