Beef Burrito Soup
- 2 cups Black Beans (cooked, drained and rinsed)
- 3 cups Diced Tomatoes
- 1 Sweet Onion (diced)
- 1 cup Frozen Corn
- 1/2 Green Bell Pepper (diced)
- 2 Jalapeno Pepper (de-seeded and diced)
- 2 tbsps Chili Powder
- 2 tsps Cumin
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 tsps Sea Salt
- 1 cup Brown Rice (uncooked)
- 4 cups Water
- 4 cups Kale Leaves (chopped)
- 1 Avocado (peeled and diced)
- 1/4 cup Organic Salsa
- 1 1/2 lbs 96% Lean Ground Beef
- Brown beef on stove top.
- Add all ingredients except kale, avocado and salsa to slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for at least 4 hours. Cook up to 8 hours, depending on how thick you like your soup.
- About 10 minutes before serving, remove the lid and set kale leaves on top. Cover with lid and let sit for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, stir to mix in kale evenly throughout. Ladle into bowls and top with a spoonful of organic salsa and avocado. Enjoy!
LeftoversRefrigerate in an airtight container for up to four days.
Serving SizeOne serving is roughly 2 cups.
Serving: 6g | Calories: 530kcal | Carbohydrates: 57g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 19g | Cholesterol: 74mg | Sodium: 1057mg | Fiber: 13g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 2238IU | Vitamin C: 46mg | Calcium: 144mg | Iron: 7mg