Beef & Shredded Veggies with Rice
- 1/2 cup Jasmine Rice
- 8 ozs Extra Lean Ground Beef
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper (to taste)
- 1 Sweet Potato (medium, peeled and grated)
- 1 cup Broccoli (finely chopped, riced)
- 1/4 cup Salsa
- Cook the rice according to package directions.
- Add the beef to the pan, breaking it up as it cooks. Once it is cooked through and no longer pink, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the sweet potato and broccoli to the pan with the beef. Continue to cook for five to six minutes more or until the sweet potato and broccoli are tender. Stir in the salsa and season with additional salt and pepper if needed. Divide the rice between plates and top with the beef mixture. Enjoy!
LeftoversRefrigerate in an airtight container for up to three days.
More FlavorAdd garlic and onions or dried herbs and spices to taste.
Additional ToppingsGreen onion, avocado, cilantro, red pepper flakes, and/or more salsa.
No Jasmine RiceUse quinoa, brown rice, or cauliflower rice.
No BeefUse ground chicken, turkey, pork, lentils, or chickpeas instead.
Serving: 2g | Calories: 440kcal | Carbohydrates: 56g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 74mg | Sodium: 357mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 9671IU | Vitamin C: 43mg | Calcium: 64mg | Iron: 3mg