Beef Taco Pasta
- 8 ozs Chickpea Pasta (dry, uncooked)
- 1 lb Extra Lean Ground Beef
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (medium, seeds removed, diced)
- 2 tbsps Taco Seasoning
- 3/4 cup Water
- 1 cup Salsa
- 2 1/2 ozs Cheddar Cheese (shredded)
- Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- Heat a pan over medium-high heat. Add the beef and bell pepper. Stir for eight to 10 minutes or until the beef is cooked through. Drain any excess fat.
- Add the taco seasoning and water, cooking until most of the water is gone.
- Stir in the pasta, salsa, and cheese. Divide into bowls and enjoy!
LeftoversRefrigerate in an airtight container for up to three days.
Serving SizeOne serving equals approximately two cups of pasta.
More FlavorUse broth instead of water.
Additional ToppingsCrushed tortilla chips, sliced jalapeno, cilantro, chopped lettuce, plain yogurt, or avocado.
Make it VeganUse extra firm tofu instead of ground beef. Use vegan cheese instead of cheddar.
Calories: 339kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 18g | Cholesterol: 91mg | Sodium: 1037mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1467IU | Vitamin C: 39mg | Calcium: 184mg | Iron: 4mg