Beef Taco Pizza
Servings: 3 servings
- 1 cup Corn Flour
- 1/4 cup Arrowroot Powder
- 1 1/2 tsps Baking Powder
- 1 Egg
- 1 1/2 tbsps Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Water
- 6 ozs Extra Lean Ground Beef
- 1 tsp Taco Seasoning
- 1/4 cup Guacamole
- 2 tbsps Red Onion (chopped)
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper (medium, chopped)
- 1 1/16 ozs Cheddar Cheese (shredded)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (205°C).
- In a mixing bowl, combine the corn flour, arrowroot powder, and baking powder. Mix to combine. Add the egg and oil, and stir until a crumbly dough starts to form. Add the water, one tablespoon at a time, and continue to mix until a thick dough has formed. Kneed the dough with your hands. If it's too crumbly, add a little more water. Set aside.
- Warm a pan over medium heat. Add the ground beef and break it up with a spatula. Add the taco seasoning and cook for seven to 10 minutes or until browned, continuing to break it up as it cooks.
- Place the dough on a parchment-lined baking sheet or pizza pan. Form the dough into a nine-inch wide circle, about 1/4-inch (1/2 cm) thick.
- Spread the guacamole in a thin layer over the dough, then top with ground beef, red onion, bell pepper, and cheese. Transfer to the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Slice, serve, and enjoy!
LeftoversRefrigerate in an airtight container for up to three days. Wrap individual slices and freeze for up to three months.
Serving SizeOne serving is equal to approximately two slices.
Make it VeganUse crumbled tempeh or tofu instead of beef. Use vegan cheese.
Additional ToppingsBlack olives, cilantro, tomato, jalapeño, or sour cream.
Calories: 441kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 22g | Cholesterol: 109mg | Sodium: 488mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 925IU | Vitamin C: 28mg | Calcium: 286mg | Iron: 5mg