Beef & Tomato Stuffed Sweet Potato
- 2 tbsps Extra Virgin Olive Oil (divided)
- 2 Sweet Potato (medium, cut in half lengthwise)
- 1 Yellow Onion (small, diced)
- 1 lb Lean Ground Beef (92% Lean Or Higher)
- 2 tbsps Italian Seasoning
- 1 Tomato (medium, diced)
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (medium, diced)
- 1/2 cup Salsa
- 1/4 cup Parsley (chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (205°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Rub half of the oil all over the potato halves and place them face down on the baking sheet. Cook for 35 to 40 minutes or until they are fork tender. Flip them halfway through.
- While the sweet potatoes are cooking, heat the remaining oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the onions and sauté for two to three minutes. Add the ground beef, breaking it up as it cooks. Mix in the Italian seasoning. Cook the beef for seven to eight minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and use a fork to mash the inside to make room for the toppings.
- Top each potato evenly with the beef mixture, tomato, bell peppers, salsa, and parsley. Enjoy!
LeftoversRefrigerate in an airtight container for up to three days.
Serving SizeOne serving is one stuffed sweet potato half.
Additional ToppingsCheese, avocado, and/or hot sauce.
Calories: 438kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 30g | Cholesterol: 81mg | Sodium: 358mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 11054IU | Vitamin C: 50mg | Calcium: 69mg | Iron: 4mg