Beef with Cabbage & Mushrooms
- 1 cup Jasmine Rice
- 1 lb Extra Lean Ground Beef (96/4)
- 1 tsp Sea Salt (divided)
- 3 1/2 cups Mushrooms (sliced)
- 3 cups Green Cabbage (thinly sliced)
- 2 tbsps Water
- Cook the rice according to package directions.
- Heat a large pan over medium-high heat. Add the beef to the pan, breaking it up with a wooden spoon as it cooks. Once it is cooked through and no longer pink, season with 1/4 of the salt. Transfer the cooked beef to a bowl and set aside.
- Add the mushrooms to the pan and cook for about 5 minutes until browned. Season with 1/4 of the salt.
- Reduce heat to medium then add the cabbage to the pan with the mushrooms and stir to combine. Add the water to the pan and cover with a lid. Stir occasionally for about 5 minutes until the cabbage is tender.
- Add the cooked beef back to the pan and stir to combine with the vegetables. Add the remaining salt and stir to mix well.
- To serve, divide the rice between plates and top with the beef and vegetable mixture. Enjoy!
LeftoversRefrigerate in an airtight container for up to three days.
More FlavorAdd fresh garlic, ginger, tamari, coconut aminos or sesame oil.
Additional ToppingsTop with sesame seeds or sliced green onion.
No Green CabbageUse purple cabbage instead.
No BeefUse ground chicken, ground turkey or ground pork.
Lower CarbUse cauliflower rice.
Less Prep TimeUse microwave rice.