Black Bean Egg White Omelette
- 1/2 cup Black Beans (cooked and rinsed)
- 1/4 cup Salsa
- 1/2 tsp Cumin (optional)
- 1/2 cup Baby Spinach (chopped)
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper (to taste)
- 1/2 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Egg Whites
- Add the black beans, salsa, and cumin to a pot over medium. Cook for three to five minutes or until the salsa is simmering and the black beans have warmed through. Add the spinach and cook until wilted. If the sauce becomes too thick add a splash of water. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan over medium heat. Season the egg whites with salt and pepper then pour into the pan and cook until almost set. Place the black beans on one half of the omelette and fold the other half over top. Remove from heat and enjoy!
LeftoversRefrigerate in an airtight container for up to three days.
More FlavorAdd red pepper flakes, cilantro, lime juice, or taco seasoning to the black beans.
Additional ToppingsShredded or feta cheese, avocado slices, hot sauce, or more salsa.
No SpinachUse another leafy green, like kale or arugula.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 223kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 678mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1725IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 76mg | Iron: 3mg