Black Bean & Tomato Salad with Creamy Cilantro Dressing
- 1/3 cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 cup Cilantro (roughly chopped)
- 1 stalk Green Onion (roughly chopped)
- 1 Garlic (clove, minced)
- 1 tbsp Lime Juice
- 1 1/2 tsps Maple Syrup
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tbsp Water (optional)
- 1 1/2 heads Romaine Hearts (chopped)
- 1 cup Black Beans (cooked)
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes (chopped)
- 2 Avocado (small, diced)
- Add yogurt, cilantro, green onion, garlic, lime juice, maple syrup and sea salt to the bowl of a food processor. Blend until smooth. Add water to thin the consistency of the dressing, if necessary. Season with additional salt or lime juice if needed.
- Divide the romaine lettuce, black beans, tomatoes and avocado between plates, drizzle with the dressing and serve immediately. Enjoy!
LeftoversTransfer the dressing and salad ingredients to separate airtight containers and refrigerate until ready to use. The dressing will keep in the fridge for up to five days. Wait to dice the avocado and dress salad until just before serving.
More FlavorAdd roughly chopped jalapeno pepper to the dressing for a spicy kick.
Additional ToppingsAdd chopped cilantro, extra lime wedges or sliced jalapenos.
Make it VeganUse a non-dairy Greek-style yogurt instead.
Serving: 4g | Calories: 251kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 16g | Cholesterol: 3mg | Sodium: 171mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1735IU | Vitamin C: 19mg | Calcium: 80mg | Iron: 2mg