BLT Salad Bowls
- 2 Egg
- 4 slices Bacon
- 4 cups Arugula
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes (halved)
- 1/2 Avocado (sliced)
- 2 tbsps Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper (to taste)
- Hard boil your eggs by placing them in a small pot and fill with enough cold water to cover them by 1-inch. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Once boiling, cover the pot and remove it from the heat. Let stand for 12 minutes then drain. Place eggs in a bowl of ice-cold water for 10 minutes.
- While the eggs are cooling, cook your bacon in a pan over medium heat until crispy. Remove from pan and pat excess oil away with paper towel. Once cool, chop it up.
- To assemble the salads: divide arugula between bowls and top with cherry tomatoes, avocado, chopped bacon and hard-boiled egg. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Enjoy!
LeftoversThese salads make great meal prep and last for 3 to 4 days in the fridge. Add the avocado and olive oil before serving.
VeganUse smokey tempeh slices instead of bacon and omit the egg.
More CarbsServe with toast or quinoa.
Serving: 2g | Calories: 515kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 47g | Cholesterol: 223mg | Sodium: 510mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1934IU | Vitamin C: 21mg | Calcium: 109mg | Iron: 2mg