Blueberry & Lemon Pancakes
- 4 Egg
- 1/2 cup Coconut Flour
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil (melted, divided)
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 1/2 tsps Maple Syrup
- 1/4 Lemon (juiced, zested)
- 1/2 cup Blueberries (divided)
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, coconut flour, almond milk, and half of the coconut oil until combined.
- To the same bowl, add in the baking soda, maple syrup, lemon juice and zest. Once the mixture is smooth, fold in half of the blueberries.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and spray lightly with cooking oil. Once the pan is hot, pour the batter into the skillet, making each pancake about 3-inches wide. Work in batches being sure not to overcrowd the skillet.
- Cook on each side for roughly 3 to 4 minutes, or until small holes begin to appear on the surface of the pancake. Repeat until batter is finished.
- Top the pancakes with the remaining blueberries. Add syrup of choice (additional not included in macro breakdown.) Enjoy!
LeftoversRefrigerate in an airtight container for up to five days. Freeze for up to two months. For best results, reheat in a pan with oil on medium heat or pop in the toaster if frozen.
Serving SizeDepends on size of pancakes.
Additional ToppingsTop with nuts, seeds, yogurt or nut butter. (For 0 calorie toppings, consider Walden Farms 0 calorie syrups.)
No BlueberriesUse strawberries, blackberries, or raspberries instead.
Increase ProteinExperiment with decreasing coconut flour and substituting protein powder. Have a small side of Greek yogurt.
Serving: 2g | Calories: 366kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 21g | Cholesterol: 372mg | Sodium: 400mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 685IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 177mg | Iron: 6mg