Cajun Chicken, Sweet Potatoes & Kale
- 2 Sweet Potato (medium, diced into 1/2 inch thick pieces)
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbsps Cajun Spice (divided)
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil (divided)
- 1 lb Extra Lean Ground Chicken
- 8 cups Kale Leaves (sliced)
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper (to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 430ºF (222ºC). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the diced sweet potatoes in a mixing bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and add half of the cajun spice. Toss well. Spread across the baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes, tossing at the half way mark.
- Meanwhile, heat half the coconut oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the ground chicken. Saute for 10 minutes or until completely cooked through, breaking it up as it cooks. Add in the remaining cajun spice. Continue to saute until the spice is evenly distributed. Transfer the ground chicken to a bowl and cover to keep warm.
- Place the skillet back over medium heat and add the remaining coconut oil. Add in the kale, season with sea salt and black pepper then saute just until wilted. Turn off the heat.
- Divide cajun chicken, sweet potatoes and sauteed kale between plates. Enjoy!
No Ground ChickenUse any type of ground meat.
Vegan & VegetarianUse lentils or chickpeas instead of chicken.
StorageStore in an airtight container in the fridge up to 3 days.
Serving: 4g | Calories: 293kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 17g | Cholesterol: 98mg | Sodium: 456mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 11243IU | Vitamin C: 41mg | Calcium: 133mg | Iron: 2mg