Cauliflower Shepherd’s Pie
- 1 head Cauliflower (chopped into florets)
- 2 tbsps Extra Virgin Olive Oil (divided)
- 1 Yellow Onion (diced)
- 2 Garlic (cloves, minced)
- 1 lb Extra Lean Ground Turkey
- 3 cups Mushrooms (sliced)
- 2 Carrot (diced)
- 2 stalks Celery (diced)
- 1 tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (177ºC).
- Place cauliflower florets in a medium sized saucepan, cover with water and bring to a boil. Let the florets boil until they are soft, about 15 minutes.
- While the cauliflower is boiling, heat half of the olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic, cook for 5 minutes or until onions are translucent.
- Add the meat, and cook until browned.
- Add the mushrooms, carrots, celery, Italian seasoning, and salt. Continue to cook for a few minutes, until the meat is cooked through. Remove from heat.
- Drain the cauliflower and discard cooking water. Return the cauliflower to the pot and add the other half of the olive oil and a sprinkle of salt. Mash well until the cauliflower becomes almost like a puree.
- Transfer the meat mixture to a casserole or pie dish and distribute into an even layer. Top with the cauliflower mash and spread it evenly across the top.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes. Turn the oven to a low broil and broil for 10 minutes or until golden. Remove from oven and serve. Enjoy!
Vegan and VegetarianUse cooked lentils instead of ground meat.
Serving: 4g | Calories: 311kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 17g | Cholesterol: 84mg | Sodium: 312mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 5268IU | Vitamin C: 75mg | Calcium: 89mg | Iron: 4mg