- 1 lb Chicken Thighs With Skin
- 1/4 cup Tamari
- 1/3 cup White Wine Vinegar
- 3 Bay Leaf
- 1 tbsp Avocado Oil (divided)
- 1 Yellow Onion (small, chopped)
- 4 Garlic (cloves, smashed)
- 2 cups Water
- 2 tbsps Coconut Sugar
- 1 tbsp Black Peppercorns
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken with the tamari, vinegar, and bay leaves. Transfer to the fridge and marinate for 30 minutes.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add half the oil. Remove the chicken from the marinade with tongs (saving the marinade for later) and place the chicken in the skillet, skin side down and sear for three to four minutes, until just slightly browned. Remove the chicken and set aside on a plate.
- Reduce the heat to medium heat and drizzle in the remaining oil. Add the onion and garlic and cook until fragrant and the onion is softened slightly, about two minutes.
- Increase the heat to medium-high and pour in the reserved marinade along with the water, coconut sugar, and peppercorns. Bring to a simmer and then reduce the heat to medium, simmer the sauce for five minutes.
- Add the chicken back into the skillet, skin side up and simmer for 30 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet and serve. Enjoy!
LeftoversStore in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days.
Additional ToppingsTop with sliced green onions.
Serving: 4g | Calories: 341kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 22g | Cholesterol: 111mg | Sodium: 1101mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 88IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 39mg | Iron: 2mg