Chicken & Asparagus Pesto Pasta
Servings: 4 servings
- 8 1/2 ozs Chicken Breast
- 2 cups Asparagus (ends trimmed)
- 1 1/2 tsps Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 9 3/4 ozs Chickpea Pasta (dry)
- 1/3 cup Pesto
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 3 tbsps Parmigiano Reggiano (finely grated)
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper (to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 400℉ (205℃) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the chicken and asparagus to the baking sheet and drizzle with oil. Bake for 25 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Chop the chicken and asparagus into bite-size pieces.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to package instructions.
- To assemble the pasta, mix the chicken, asparagus, pasta, pesto, lemon juice, and parmesan together. Season with salt and pepper. Divide evenly between bowls and enjoy!
LeftoversRefrigerate in an airtight container for up to four days.
Serving SizeOne serving is equal to approximately two cups.
Dairy-FreeUse nutritional yeast or plant-based cheese instead of parmesan.
Additional ToppingsToasted pine nuts, red pepper flakes, basil leaves, and/or lemon wedges.
Calories: 440kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 36g | Fat: 17g | Cholesterol: 48mg | Sodium: 261mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 886IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 188mg | Iron: 8mg