Chicken & Bell Pepper Tacos
- 1 1/2 tsps Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 Yellow Onion (diced)
- 1 lb Extra Lean Ground Chicken
- 1 Orange Bell Pepper (medium, chopped)
- 8 tortillas Guerrero Zero Net Carb Mini Tortillas
- 1 1 tbsp Taco Seasoning
- 1 Lime (juiced, plus extra for serving)
- 1 Avocado (medium, sliced)
- 1/4 cup Cilantro
- 2 1/2 ozs Pickled Red Onions
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the onions and sauté for two to three minutes.
- Add the chicken, breaking it up as it cooks. Cook for five to six minutes then add the bell pepper and taco seasoning. Stir and cook for another five minutes.
- Once everything is cooked through, turn off the heat and add the lime juice.
- To assemble, divide the chicken mixture between tortillas. Top with sliced avocado, cilantro, and pickled red onion. Enjoy!
LeftoversRefrigerate the chicken in an airtight container for up to three days. Assemble tacos just before serving.
Serving SizeOne serving is equal to two tacos.
More FlavorAdd beans to the chicken mixture.
No Pickled Red OnionOmit or use sliced red onion instead.
Calories: 343kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 23g | Cholesterol: 98mg | Sodium: 763mg | Fiber: 19g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 239IU | Vitamin C: 94mg | Calcium: 85mg | Iron: 2mg