Chicken & Broccoli Casserole
- 1 lb Chicken Thighs (boneless, skinless)
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt (divided)
- 1 tsp Avocado Oil
- 5 cups Broccoli (cut into florets)
- 1/2 Yellow Onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 1/4 cups Coconut Milk (full fat, from the can)
- 1 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 1 tbsp Tapioca Flour
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 3/4 cup Bone Broth
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF (204ºC).
- Season the chicken thighs with half of the sea salt. Heat a skillet over medium heat and add the avocado oil. Working in batches, add the chicken and cook for 6 to 7 minutes per side or until cooked through. Remove the chicken and set aside to cool. Once cool, shred the chicken with two forks.
- In the same skillet, using the fat from the chicken, add the broccoli and yellow onion and cook for 3 to 4 minutes until the broccoli is bright green. Remove from the pan.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan over medium-low heat, add the coconut milk, nutritional yeast, tapioca flour, garlic powder and remaining sea salt. Whisk to combine. Bring to a simmer, then turn off the heat and add the chicken broth.
- Add the chicken thighs to an oven-safe dish and top with the broccoli and onions. Add the coconut milk sauce on top and give it a stir. Place it in the oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Remove, let it cool slightly and then serve. Enjoy!
LeftoversRefrigerate in an airtight container for up to three days.
More FlavorAdd chopped bacon or mushrooms to the dish. Season with your favorite dried herbs.
Additional ToppingsServe with rice or cauliflower rice.
No Tapioca FlourUse arrowroot flour or corn starch.
Serving: 4g | Calories: 346kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 20g | Cholesterol: 107mg | Sodium: 319mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 736IU | Vitamin C: 101mg | Calcium: 71mg | Iron: 3mg