Chicken & Cauliflower Squash Gratin
- 2 cups Butternut Squash (peeled and cubed)
- 1 head Cauliflower (cut into florets then thinly sliced)
- 1 lb Chicken Breast (sliced)
- 1 can Canned Coconut Milk
- 1/2 cup Nutritional Yeast (divided)
- 3 Garlic (cloves, large)
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tbsp Arrowroot Powder
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (205°C).
- Add the butternut squash to a steaming basket and steam, covered, for 10 minutes. While the squash is cooking, add the cauliflower and chicken to a casserole dish. Set aside.
- Transfer the steamed squash to a blender along with the coconut milk, half of the nutritional yeast, garlic, onion powder, arrowroot powder, and sea salt. Blend on high for at least one minute, until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the squash sauce over the cauliflower and chicken. Mix well to combine. Add the remaining nutritional yeast on top. Transfer the casserole dish to the oven to bake for 35 minutes, or until the top is starting to brown. Enjoy!
LeftoversRefrigerate in an airtight container for up to three days. Freeze for up to three months.
Serving SizeAn 8 x 11-inch casserole dish was used to make four servings. One serving is approximately 1 1/4 cups.
Make it VeganUse tempeh or textured soy in place of the chicken.
More FlavorAdd smoked paprika and red pepper flakes.
Additional ToppingsShredded cheese, breadcrumbs.