Chicken Fried Rice
- 2/3 cup Jasmine Rice (uncooked)
- 4 Egg (whisked)
- 1/4 cup Water
- 6 Cremini Mushrooms (sliced)
- 2 cups Snap Peas (chopped)
- 8 ozs Chicken Breast, Cooked (chopped)
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt (divided)
- 1/4 cup Chives (plus more for garnish)
- Cook the rice according to the directions on the package.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat. Add the eggs to the pan and move them around with a spatula continuously until fluffy, about two minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
- In the same pan, heat the water over medium to medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms, snap peas, chicken and half the salt, scraping up any bits at the bottom of the pan. Cook for about five minutes, or until the water has absorbed and the mushrooms are soft and the snap peas are tender crisp.
- Stir in the scrambled eggs, cooked rice and chives, breaking up any large chunks. Season with the remaining salt to taste. Divide into bowls and garnish with additional chives (optional). Enjoy!
LeftoversRefrigerate in an airtight container for up to three days.
Serving SizeOne serving equals approximately 1 3/4 cups.
More FlavorAdd tamari or coconut aminos and adjust the salt as needed. Add grated ginger, garlic, or black pepper. Cook with your choice of oil instead of water.
Make it VeganUse marinated tempeh or more veggies instead of chicken. Use scrambled tofu instead of eggs, or omit the eggs completely.
Save TimeUse any leftover rice, meat, or vegetables in this recipe.
Serving: 3g | Calories: 382kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 37g | Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 327mg | Sodium: 534mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1018IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 73mg | Iron: 2mg