Chicken & Veggie Quesadillas
- 2 Whole Wheat Tortilla (large)
- 3 ozs Cheddar Cheese (grated)
- 8 ozs Chicken Breast, Cooked (shredded)
- 1/4 cup Red Onion (thinly sliced)
- 1/3 cup Salsa
- 2 stalks Green Onion (chopped)
- 1/4 cup Cilantro (chopped)
- 1/2 Jalapeno Pepper (thinly sliced, optional)
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add the tortilla to the skillet and top with grated cheese, leaving a small border around the edges. Cover with a lid and let it cook for one to two minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Add the shredded chicken breast to half the tortilla and top with red onion, salsa, green onion, cilantro, and jalapeno pepper.
- Fold the tortilla in half and gently press down. Cook for two to three minutes per side or until browned and crispy. Let the quesadilla cool slightly and then cut into wedges. Enjoy!
LeftoversThis is best enjoyed right after cooking.
Gluten-FreeUse a gluten-free tortilla.
Dairy-FreeUse a dairy-free cheese.
More FlavorSeason the chicken with chili powder, smoked paprika, and/or salt.
Additional ToppingsSour cream, greek yogurt, salsa, or guacamole.
Serving SizeOne serving is equal to one quesadilla.
Serving: 2g | Calories: 495kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 49g | Fat: 22g | Cholesterol: 160mg | Sodium: 901mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1419IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 433mg | Iron: 2mg