Chickpea, Tuna & Roasted Red Pepper Sandwich
- 1 cup Chickpeas (cooked, rinsed)
- 1 can Tuna (drained)
- 1/2 stalk Celery (finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp Parsley (chopped)
- 1 tbsp Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 1/2 tsp Lemon Juice
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper (to taste)
- 4 oz Roasted Red Peppers
- 4 slices Bread (toasted)
- In a bowl, lightly smash the chickpeas with the back of a fork. Mix in the tuna, celery, parsley, yogurt, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Adjust the seasoning to your taste.
- Assemble the sandwich by placing roasted red peppers on a slice of toast. Spoon the tuna mixture on top, and close the sandwich. Repeat for any remaining slices of toast.
- Slice the sandwiches in half and enjoy!
LeftoversBest enjoyed fresh. Refrigerate the chickpea mixture in an airtight container for up to two days.
Serving SizeOne serving is equal to one sandwich.
More FlavorAdd red onion and cucumber.
Gluten-FreeUse gluten-free bread.
Dairy-FreeUse coconut yogurt instead of Greek yogurt.
Canned TunaOne can of tuna is equal to 165 grams or 5.8 ounces, drained.
Calories: 379kcal | Carbohydrates: 50g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 31mg | Sodium: 640mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 1229IU | Vitamin C: 25mg | Calcium: 109mg | Iron: 4mg