Chickpeas with Sweet & Spicy Peanut Sauce
- 2 cups Cauliflower Rice
- 1/2 cup All Natural Peanut Butter
- 1/4 cup Organic Coconut Milk (from the can)
- 2 tbsps Lime Juice
- 1 1/2 tbsps Coconut Aminos
- 1 1/2 tsps Maple Syrup
- 1/2 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 Garlic (clove, minced)
- 1 cup Bone Broth (divided)
- 4 cups Baby Spinach (chopped)
- 1 1/2 cups Chickpeas (cooked, rinsed)
- 1/2 Yellow Onion (chopped)
- 1/4 cup Powdered Peanut Butter
- Cook the cauliflower rice according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a small pot over medium-low heat add the peanut butter, powdered peanut butter, coconut milk, lime juice, coconut aminos, maple syrup, red pepper flakes, garlic and half of the broth. Whisk until combined. Continue to heat until just warmed through, stirring often to prevent burning. Season with salt or additional lime juice if needed.
- Heat a large skillet or pan with a lid over medium-high heat. Add the spinach, chickpeas and onion to the pan along with the remaining broth and cover with the lid. Steam for about 5 minutes or until the onions have softened and most of the broth has evaporated.
- Remove from the heat and add the warm peanut sauce to the pan with the chickpeas and stir to combine.
- To serve, divide the rice between plates and top with the peanut chickpea mixture. Enjoy!
LeftoversRefrigerate in an airtight container for up to three days.
More FlavorAdd fresh ginger to the peanut sauce.
Additional ToppingsServe with lime wedges, hot sauce and/or freshly chopped cilantro.
No Coconut AminosUse tamari or other soy sauce instead.
More CarbsUse white or brown rice instead of cauliflower.
No animal productsUse water or vegetable broth instead of bone broth.
More proteinAdd chicken, steak, pork, or shrimp.