Chili Lime Tempeh Bowls
- 1/2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 2 tsps Chili Powder (divided)
- 2 tsps Cumin (divided)
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder (divided)
- 3/4 tsp Sea Salt (divided)
- 3 Lime (juiced)
- 1/4 cup Bone Broth
- 1 tsp Maple Syrup
- 9 ozs Tempeh (cut into thin pieces)
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (thinly sliced)
- 1 Green Bell Pepper (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 Yellow Onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 tbsp Water
- 1/2 cup Quinoa
- 8 ozs Avocado (sliced)
- 1 cup Cauliflower Rice
- 2 tbsps Nutritional Yeast
- In a shallow bowl or zipper-lock bag combine the paprika, half of the chili powder, half of the cumin, half of the garlic powder, half of the nutritional yeast, and two-thirds of the salt. Stir in the lime juice, bone broth and maple syrup and mix well. Add in the tempeh and gently toss to coat the tempeh in the marinade. Let the tempeh marinate for at least one hour or up to 8 hours. If marinating for longer than 1 hour keep the tempeh in the fridge.
- When the tempeh has finished marinating, preheat your oven to 375ºF (190ºC) and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the peppers and onion to a large mixing bowl. Add the remaining chili powder, cumin, garlic, nutritional yeast, salt and water and toss to coat the vegetables. Transfer the seasoned vegetables to the prepared baking sheet and arrange on one-third of the pan.
- Gently toss to coat the tempeh in the marinade again then arrange the tempeh evenly on the remaining two-thirds of the baking sheet. Ensure the pieces are not overlapping or touching. Discard any remaining marinade. Bake for 28 to 30 minutes, flipping halfway through, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, cook the quinoa and cauliflower rice according to the package directions.
- Divide the quinoa, cauli rice, tempeh and vegetables between bowls and serve with the sliced avocado. Enjoy!
LeftoversRefrigerate in an airtight container for up to two days.
More FlavorAdd cayenne pepper or hot sauce for spicy tempeh. Use oil instead to roast the vegetables.
Additional ToppingsLime wedges, cilantro, salsa, sour cream or yogurt, diced tomatoes, or sliced green onions.