Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- 1/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil (divided)
- 1 Banana (ripe, mashed)
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup
- 1/2 cup Oat Milk (unsweetened)
- 2 tbsps Ground Flax Seed
- 2 cups Chickpea Flour
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 cup Dark Chocolate Chips (divided)
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF (175ºC) and brush a loaf pan with a bit of the olive oil.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining oil, banana, maple syrup, oat milk, and ground flax.
- In a separate bowl, combine the chickpea flour and baking powder. Add the dry ingredients to the wet batter and mix until combined. Fold in 3/4 of the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan and top with the remaining chocolate chips. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Let cool completely before slicing. Enjoy!
LeftoversRefrigerate in an airtight wrap or container for up to one week.
Serving SizeOne serving is equal to one slice of banana bread.
Additional ToppingsServe with maple syrup, a dab of butter or coconut oil, ice cream or whipped coconut cream.
More FlavorAdd vanilla extract, sea salt and/or chopped nuts.
No Chickpea FlourUse all purpose gluten-free flour instead.
Chickpea FlourThis recipe was developed and tested using Bob’s Red Mill Garbanzo Bean (Chickpea) Flour. Results may vary if using another type of flour.
Serving: 12g | Calories: 227kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 137mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 25IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 99mg | Iron: 1mg