Chocolate Coconut Peanut Butter Bites
- 1/3 cup Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup
- 1/2 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 cup All Natural Peanut Butter
- Line a plate or a small baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Heat a skillet or frying pan over medium heat. Add the coconut to the warm pan and toast it for 5 to 8 minutes, stirring often, until golden brown. Transfer the toasted coconut to a small bowl or plate to cool.
- Set up a double boiler: Fill a medium pot with an inch of water and place a smaller pot or heat-safe bowl on top ensuring the water is not touching the bottom of the smaller pot or bowl. The smaller pot or bowl should rest tightly on top of the pot and any water or steam should not be able to escape. Bring water to a boil then reduce to lowest heat.
- Add the coconut oil and maple syrup to the smaller pot and allow the coconut oil to melt. Add the cocoa powder and stir well until thickened and smooth. Remove from heat.
- Add in the peanut butter and stir until well combined and a soft dough forms. (Note: If the dough is too soft to roll into balls, chill in the fridge or freezer for 10 to 15 minutes.)
- Roll the dough into one-inch balls then gently press or roll each ball in the toasted coconut to evenly coat on all sides and place on the prepared baking sheet or plate.
- Freeze for about 30 minutes or until solid then transfer to an airtight container in the refrigerator. Enjoy!
LeftoversKeep refrigerated for up to a week or freeze for up to three months. Bites will start to melt at room temperature.
Serving SizeOne serving is one ball.
More FlavorAdd vanilla extract or sea salt.
No Peanut ButterUse sunflower seed butter or other nut butter instead.
No Maple SyrupUse another liquid sweetener, like honey, instead.
Peanut ButterThis recipe was created and tested using chilled and firm peanut butter.
Serving: 18g | Calories: 97kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 3mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 0IU | Vitamin C: 0mg | Calcium: 11mg | Iron: 0mg