Citrus Coconut White Fish
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 Yellow Onion (medium, chopped)
- 2 Garlic (cloves, minced)
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1/8 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 Tomato (large, diced)
- 1/4 cup Orange Juice (freshly squeezed)
- 1/4 cup Canned Coconut Milk (full-fat)
- 1/4 cup Cilantro (chopped)
- 2 Cod Fillet
- In a pot just large enough to fit the fillets, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onions and cook for three to five minutes or until the onions start to soften. Add the garlic, cumin, salt, and tomato and stir to combine. Cook for another minute.
- Add the orange juice and simmer for two to three minutes until the tomatoes begin to soften. Stir in the coconut milk and cilantro and bring the liquid to a simmer.
- Add the cod fillets to the pot and cover with the lid. Steam the cod for six to 10 minutes or until cooked through and flakey. The cooking time will depend on the thickness of the fillets.
- Divide the filets between plates and top with the citrus coconut sauce. Enjoy!
LeftoversRefrigerate in an airtight container for up to three days.
Fillet SizeOne cod fillet is equal to 231 grams or 8 ounces.
Additional ToppingsMore cilantro, lime wedges, or red pepper flakes.
No CodUse another white fish, like haddock, instead.
No Extra Virgin Olive OilUse avocado oil or coconut oil instead.
Serving: 2g | Calories: 341kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 43g | Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 99mg | Sodium: 296mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 718IU | Vitamin C: 24mg | Calcium: 70mg | Iron: 3mg