Coconut Chicken Tenders with Honey Garlic Sauce
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Coconut Yogurt
- 1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 12 ozs Chicken Breast (boneless, skinless, cut into strips)
- 1/3 cup Coconut Flour
- 1/3 cup Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/16 oz Avocado Oil Spray
- 1 tsp Arrowroot Powder
- 2 tbsps Water
- 3 tbsps Raw Honey
- 1/2 Garlic (clove, small, minced)
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF (190ºC). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix the yogurt and vinegar together in a large bowl. Place all of the chicken strips in the yogurt mixture and let sit for five minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a separate bowl, mix the coconut flour, shredded coconut, and garlic powder together. Take the chicken one piece at a time and dredge in the flour mixture. Shake off excess and place on the baking sheet. Repeat until all of the chicken is coated. Spray the chicken with the avocado oil and bake for 20 minutes, flipping halfway.
- Mix the arrowroot powder and water together and add it to a small pot. Next add the honey and garlic to the pot and heat it over medium-high heat. Whisk well for one to two minutes or until the sauce thickens. Remove from heat.
- Serve chicken strips with the honey garlic sauce. Enjoy!
LeftoversRefrigerate in an airtight container for three days.
Serving SizeOne serving is approximately four chicken strips.
More FlavorAdd onion powder, sea salt, and oregano to the flour mixture.