Coconut Cod Chowder
- 1 tsp Coconut Oil
- 1/3 cup Shallot (chopped in large chunks)
- 1 tsp Ginger (minced)
- 2 Garlic (cloves, minced)
- 2 Sweet Potato (cut into large cubes)
- 1 1/2 cups Canned Coconut Milk
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 2 Cod Fillet
- 2 stalks Celery (sliced)
- 2 tbsps Lime Juice
- 1/4 cup Cilantro (optional, for topping, chopped)
- In a large pot over medium heat, add the oil and the shallot and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until just cooked through. Then add the ginger and garlic and cook for 30 seconds, until fragrant. Add the potatoes, coconut milk, water, salt and turmeric. Bring to a boil, and then reduce to a simmer. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes, until the potatoes are fork-tender.
- Add the cod and simmer for 4 minutes. Add the celery and cook for an additional 4 to 5 minutes, until the cod is cooked through and flaky. Remove from the heat and stir in the lime juice. Divide between bowls and top with cilantro, if using. Enjoy!
LeftoversRefrigerate in an airtight container for up to three days.
Serving SizeOne serving is approximately 1 1/2 cups of chowder.
Fillet SizeOne fillet is equal to 231 grams or 8 ounces.
More FlavorAdd chili flakes on top.
No CodUse halibut instead.
Serving: 4g | Calories: 338kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 18g | Cholesterol: 50mg | Sodium: 435mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 9429IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 63mg | Iron: 1mg