Coconut Curried Shrimp with Broccoli
- 1 1/2 tsps Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 Yellow Onion (medium, chopped)
- 2 Garlic (clove, minced)
- 1 tbsp Ginger (minced or grated)
- 1 tbsp Curry Powder
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 3/4 cup Canned Coconut Milk
- 2 cups Broccoli (cut into florets)
- 12 ozs Shrimp (raw, deveined, peeled and tails removed)
- 1/2 Lime (optional)
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for three to five minutes or until the onion has softened. Add the garlic, ginger, and curry powder and cook for another minute. Stir in the coconut milk.
- Bring the sauce to simmer then add the broccoli. Cook for five to seven minutes or until the broccoli is fork tender.
- Add in the shrimp and cook for two to three minutes more until the shrimp are opaque and cooked through.
- Remove the pot from the heat and stir in the lime juice (if using) and season with additional salt if needed. Divide between plates or bowls and enjoy!
LeftoversRefrigerate in an airtight container for up to three days.
More FlavorAdd other dried herbs and spices like cumin, chili powder, or coriander.
Additional ToppingsServe with cilantro, red pepper flakes, or extra lime wedges.
More VeggiesAdd carrots and spinach.
Calories: 395kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 39g | Fat: 21g | Cholesterol: 274mg | Sodium: 554mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 573IU | Vitamin C: 86mg | Calcium: 189mg | Iron: 3mg