Corn & Quinoa Salad with Steak
- 1/2 cup Quinoa (dry, rinsed)
- 1 ear Corn On The Cob
- 1 lb Ribeye Steak, Boneless (room temperature)
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper (to taste)
- 3 cups Baby Spinach
- 1/3 cup Red Onion (thinly sliced)
- 1/4 cup Cilantro Lime Dressing
- Cook the quinoa according to package directions. Set aside to cool.
- Using a cast-iron pan or grill, remove the husk from the corn. Cook the corn over medium-high heat for about one to two minutes per side until lightly charred on all sides. Once it is cooked, remove it and let it cool before slicing the kernels off the cob.
- Pat the steak very dry with paper towel. Season with salt and pepper.
- Use the same skillet and cook the steak for 10 to 12 minutes, flipping and turning every two to three minutes, until a dark crust has formed on both sides and the steak is cooked to your liking. Remove and let rest for about 10 minutes.
- Divide the quinoa, corn, spinach, and red onion evenly between plates. Top with the steak and cilantro lime dressing. Enjoy!
LeftoversRefrigerate in an airtight container for up to two days. Warm up the steak before serving.
Serving SizeOne serving is equal to approximately two cups.
More FlavorAdd cherry tomatoes.
No Corn On The CobUse canned corn instead.