Creamy Cauliflower & Carrot Soup
- 2 tbsps Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 6 stalks Green Onion (chopped)
- 5 Carrot (medium size, chopped)
- 1 head Cauliflower (chopped into florets)
- 6 cups Water
- 2 tsps Dried Thyme
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 cup Parsley
- Heat the olive oil in a large stock pot over medium-low heat. Add the green onions and saute until softened. Add the carrot, cauliflower, water, thyme and salt. Cover the pot and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce to a simmer. Let simmer for 20 minutes then add in the parsley and stir until wilted. Turn off the heat.
- Puree the soup using a blender or handheld immersion blender. (Note: If using a regular blender, be careful. Ensure you leave a space for the steam to escape.) Taste and adjust seasoning if needed. Ladle into bowls and enjoy!
LeftoversRefrigerate in an airtight container for up to five days. Freeze for up to three months.
Serving SizeOne serving is roughly 2 1/2 cups.
Make it FancyRoast up some leftover carrots and cauliflower and use them as a garnish with pumpkin seeds.
Anti-InflammatoryAdd turmeric powder.
Make it a MealStir in lentils, chickpeas or chicken.
Gut-HealingMake with bone broth instead of water. Adjust sea salt accordingly if the broth is salted.
Serving: 4g | Calories: 137kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 406mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 14118IU | Vitamin C: 88mg | Calcium: 122mg | Iron: 2mg