Creamy Chicken & Peas with Couscous
Servings: 2 servings
- 1/2 cup Couscous
- 1/2 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 10 ozs Chicken Breast
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper (to taste)
- 1/2 Yellow Onion (large, sliced)
- 1 cup Fresh Peas (or frozen and thawed)
- 1/3 cup Chicken Broth
- 2 tbsps Cream, Half & Half
- 1/2 Lemon (juiced)
- Cook the couscous according to package directions. Once it's finished cooking, fluff the couscous with a fork and set it aside.
- Warm the oil in a skillet over medium heat and season the chicken breast with salt and pepper. Add the chicken to the pan and cook for six to eight minutes per side or until browned and almost cooked through. Take the chicken out of the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, add the onion and sauté for about 10 minutes or until soft and translucent, stirring occasionally. Add the chicken back to the pan along with the peas and chicken broth. Cover the pan with a lid, reduce the heat to medium-low, and let simmer for about five minutes or until everything has cooked through.
- Uncover the pan and add the cream. Season with salt and pepper. Let simmer uncovered for two to three minutes or until the sauce slightly thickens.
- Squeeze the lemon juice on top. Serve with couscous and enjoy!
LeftoversRefrigerate in an airtight container for up to three days.
Serving SizeOne serving is equal to approximately one chicken breast and one cup of couscous with sauce.
More FlavorAdd mustard, tarragon, and/or mushrooms to the sauce.
Additional ToppingsTop with fresh parsley or dill.
Dairy-FreeUse coconut cream instead.
Calories: 437kcal | Carbohydrates: 48g | Protein: 42g | Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 109mg | Sodium: 236mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 652IU | Vitamin C: 34mg | Calcium: 64mg | Iron: 3mg