Creamy Sun Dried Tomato Pasta
- 1 tbsp Avocado Oil
- 2 Garlic (clove, minced)
- 1 tbsp Arrowroot Powder
- 1 1/2 cups Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1/2 cup Sun Dried Tomatoes (drained)
- 1 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 8 ozs Chickpea Pasta
- 1 cup Asparagus (trimmed, cut into bite-sized pieces)
- 1/4 cup Parsley (chopped)
- 1/2 tsp Chili Flakes (optional)
- Heat avocado oil in a pan over medium-low heat and add garlic. Cook for 1 minute. Add the arrowroot powder and cook for another minute. Then add the almond milk and stir to combine. Stir until the milk has thickened.
- Pour the almond milk mixture into a blender along with the sun dried tomatoes, nutritional yeast, sea salt and lemon juice. Blend until smooth and creamy. Add more water to thin if needed. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and add the pasta back to the pot.
- In a pan over medium heat, add the asparagus and sauté until cooked through, about 5 to 7 minutes. Once cooked through, add the asparagus in with the pasta. Mix in the sun dried tomato sauce. Divide onto plates and top with parsley and chili flakes, if using. Serve and enjoy!
LeftoversRefrigerate in an airtight container for up to three days. For best results, reheat on the stovetop until heated through.
Nut-FreeUse coconut milk, hemp seed milk or oat milk instead of almond milk.
More FlavorUse reserved water from cooking the pasta to thin the sauce instead.