Crispy Tofu & Broccoli on Rice
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 cup Brown Rice (dry)
- 2 tbsps Tamari
- 2 tbsps Extra Virgin Olive Oil (divided)
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 tbsps Nutritional Yeast (divided)
- 15 ozs Tofu (extra firm, pressed, crumbled)
- 5 cups Broccoli (florets, chopped)
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper (to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF (205ºC) and lightly grease one sheet pan with oil. Line the second sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Cook the rice according to the package directions.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the tamari, 1 1/2 tbsps of the oil, garlic powder, and half of the nutritional yeast. Add the crumbled tofu and toss well. Transfer to the sheet pan and bake for 18 to 20 minutes, until crispy.
- Meanwhile, in the same bowl, combine the broccoli with the remaining oil, remaining nutritional yeast, salt, and pepper.
- Transfer the broccoli to the second sheet pan, spreading out evenly. Place in the oven and bake for 15 to 17 minutes, until fork tender and browned.
- Divide the rice, broccoli, and tofu evenly between bowls. Enjoy!
LeftoversRefrigerate in an airtight container for up to three days.
Serving SizeOne serving is approximately 1/2 cup tofu, one cup broccoli, and 1/2 cup cooked rice.
Additional ToppingsTop with cubed avocado and/or tahini or peanut sauce.
Calories: 381kcal | Carbohydrates: 47g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 560mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 709IU | Vitamin C: 101mg | Calcium: 362mg | Iron: 4mg