Crunchy Cabbage Salad with Chicken
- 12 ozs Chicken Breast (skinless and boneless)
- 2 tsps Onion Powder
- 2 tsps Sesame Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt (divided)
- 1 tsp Avocado Oil
- 2 tbsps Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tsps Rice Vinegar
- 2 tsps Sesame Oil
- 1 1/2 tsps Coconut Sugar
- 3 cups Purple Cabbage (chopped)
- 3 cups Kale Leaves (de-stemmed and shredded)
- 3 Carrot (thinly sliced)
- 1/3 cup Cashews (roughly chopped)
- Coat the chicken with the onion powder, sesame seeds and sea salt. Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add the avocado oil and chicken. Cook for 6 to 7 minutes and then flip. Continue to cook until the chicken is cooked through. Remove and let cool, and then slice and set aside.
- Whisk the extra virgin olive oil, rice vinegar, sesame oil and coconut sugar in a small bowl.
- Add the cabbage, kale and carrots to a large bowl. Add the dressing and massage it in. Top the salad with chicken and cashews and lightly toss. Divide between bowls and enjoy!
LeftoversRefrigerate in an airtight container for up to two days.
Nut-FreeOmit the cashews or use pumpkin seeds instead.
Make it VeganTop with tofu or chickpeas instead of chicken.
No Avocado OilUse extra virgin olive oil instead.
No Coconut SugarUse brown sugar or maple syrup instead.