Cuban Beef Picadillo
- 1 cup Brown Rice (uncooked)
- 1 1/2 tsps Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 lb Extra Lean Ground Beef
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (chopped)
- 1 1/2 cups Diced Tomatoes (from the can with juices)
- 4 stalks Green Onion (chopped, green part only)
- 1/2 cup Cilantro (chopped)
- 1/2 cup Green Olives (sliced)
- 1 1/2 tsps Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- Cook the brown rice according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium-high heat, warm the olive oil. Add the beef, breaking it up with a wooden spoon as it cooks. Once it is cooked through and no longer pink, drain any excess drippings.
- Add the bell pepper, tomatoes with juices, green onion, cilantro, green olives, cumin and salt to the pan. Stir to combine. Reduce the heat to medium and let it simmer for 15 to 20 minutes until the red pepper is tender.
- Divide the rice and beef mixture between plates and serve immediately. Enjoy!
LeftoversRefrigerate in an airtight container for up to three days.
More FlavorStir in a couple of tablespoons of olive brine or add minced garlic.
Additional ToppingsServe with extra chopped cilantro, green onions, or lime juice on top.
Grain-FreeUse roasted potatoes or cauliflower rice instead of rice.
Serving: 4g | Calories: 437kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 17g | Cholesterol: 74mg | Sodium: 516mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 2003IU | Vitamin C: 49mg | Calcium: 65mg | Iron: 6mg