Cumin Chicken Skewers
- 2 tbsps Cumin Seed
- 2 tsps Fennel Seed
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 1/4 lbs Chicken Breast (skinless, boneless, cut into one-inch cubes)
- 1 1/2 tbsps Coconut Oil (melted)
- 2 Red Bell Pepper (medium, chopped)
- 8 Barbecue Skewers
- Coarsely grind the cumin and fennel seeds in a spice grinder or with a mortar and pestle. Combine with sea salt and set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss the chicken in coconut oil. Add the spices and mix until well coated. Pierce the chicken and red bell peppers onto the barbecue skewers.
- Grill over medium heat for about five to seven minutes per side, or until browned and cooked through. Sprinkle additional cumin just before serving (optional). Enjoy!
LeftoversRefrigerate in an airtight container for up to three days.
Serving SizeOne serving equals two skewers.
More FlavorAdd chili powder and garlic to your spice mix. Use a charcoal grill.
Additional ToppingsServe with tabbouleh, pita, plain yogurt, brown rice, lettuce wraps, pickled or grilled vegetables.
Barbecue SkewersIf using wooden skewers, be sure to soak in water for at least 30 minutes before grilling.
No Coconut OilUse olive oil, butter, or ghee instead.
Serving: 4g | Calories: 246kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 33g | Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 103mg | Sodium: 662mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1947IU | Vitamin C: 76mg | Calcium: 53mg | Iron: 3mg