Curried Chicken Slow Cooker Stew
- 1 Sweet Potato (large, diced)
- 2 cups Chickpeas (cooked, drained and rinsed)
- 1/2 cup Frozen Corn
- 1/2 cup Frozen Peas
- 1 tsp Cumin (ground)
- 1 tbsp Curry Powder
- 2 Garlic (cloves, minced)
- 2 cups Vegetable Broth (or any type of broth)
- 8 ozs Chicken Breast
- Add all ingredients except chicken breasts to the slow cooker and stir well to mix. Then lay chicken on top and season them generously with sea salt and pepper. Cover with lid and cook on low setting overnight or for 6 to 8 hours.
- After 6 to 8 hours, remove the lid and lift the chicken out onto a plate. Use a fork to shred the chicken breasts and add them back to the slow cooker. Stir well to mix and let sit for 15 minutes.
- Serve the stew on it's own or over brown rice. Enjoy!
LeftoversRefrigerate in an airtight container for up to three days.
Serving SizeOne serving is approximately 1 1/2 cups of stew.
More CarbsServe it over brown rice.
More ProteinServe it over quinoa.
Vegan and Budget-FriendlySkip the chicken breast and add an extra can of chickpeas, lentils or beans instead.
Turn it Into a SoupDouble up on the broth.
More Green VeggiesRight before serving, stir in a few cups of baby spinach or chopped kale just until wilted.
Serving: 6g | Calories: 185kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 27mg | Sodium: 262mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 3587IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 52mg | Iron: 3mg