Curried Coconut Soup
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Ginger (chopped)
- 2 Garlic (clove, minced)
- 1 Yellow Onion (chopped)
- 2 tbsps Curry Powder
- 2 cups Mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 1/16 ozs Lemongrass (chopped)
- 1 cup Broccoli (chopped into small florets)
- 1 tbsp Lime Juice
- 3 cups Canned Coconut Milk
- 4 cups Vegetable Broth
- 1 Zucchini (spiralized into noodles)
- 1/4 cup Cilantro
- 1 tsp Chili Flakes (optional)
- In a pot over medium-low heat, add the olive oil, ginger, garlic and onion. Sauté for 3 to 5 minutes. Add in the curry powder, mushrooms and lemongrass.
- Once the mushrooms are cooked through, add in the broccoli, lime juice, coconut milk and broth. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
- During the last minute, add the zucchini noodles and remove from heat.
- Divide between bowls and top with cilantro and red chilli flakes, if using. Enjoy!
LeftoversRefrigerate in an airtight container for up to five days. Freeze for up to two months.
Serving SizeOne serving is equal to approximately one cup of soup.
More FlavorAdd salt and pepper.
Make it a MealAdd in leftover cooked chicken breast or cooked lentils.
Serving: 8g | Calories: 209kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 18g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 359mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 418IU | Vitamin C: 17mg | Calcium: 35mg | Iron: 1mg