Eggless Egg Salad
- 2 cups Chickpeas (from the can, drained and rinsed)
- 1/2 cup Avocado
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cumin (ground)
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric (ground)
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 2 stalks Celery (diced)
- 8 ozs Tofu (extra firm and drained)
- 1/4 cup Almonds (chopped)
- Add the chickpeas, avocado, chili powder, cumin, turmeric and sea salt to a food processor and process until roughly chopped. Transfer to a bowl. Add the celery and stir to combine.
- Place the tofu on a plate and pat dry with a paper towel. Press gently to remove excess liquid then break it into large pieces. Add it to the food processor and pulse until roughly chopped.
- Transfer the tofu to the bowl with the chickpeas and add the chopped almonds. Mix well and enjoy!
No AlmondsUse walnuts or sunflower seeds instead.
LeftoversStore in the fridge up to 5 days.
More GreensServe over a bed of arugula, spinach or kale.
Serving: 4g | Calories: 269kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 193mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 316IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 239mg | Iron: 4mg