Farro, Chicken & Tzatziki Meal Prep Bowls
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 cup Farro (uncooked, rinsed)
- 1 lb Chicken Breast (boneless, skinless, cubed)
- 2 tbsps Extra Virgin Olive Oil (divided)
- 1 Lemon (medium, juiced)
- 2 Garlic (cloves, minced)
- 1/4 cup Greek Seasoning (divided)
- 1 Zucchini (small, sliced)
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (large, sliced)
- 1 1/4 cups Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 cup Red Onion (sliced)
- 1/2 cup Tzatziki (divided)
- Cook the farro according to the package directions.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (205°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, add the chicken, 3/4 of the oil, lemon juice, garlic, and half of the Greek seasoning, and mix to combine. Set aside.
- Add the zucchini, bell pepper, tomatoes, and onion to the baking sheet. Add the remaining oil and Greek seasoning. Toss to coat. Cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked to your liking.
- While the vegetables are cooking, heat a frying pan over medium heat and add the chicken, including the liquid from the bowl. Spread out the chicken so it's not crowded. Cook for seven to eight minutes per side or until cooked through and browned.
- Divide the farro, vegetables, chicken, and tzatziki evenly between bowls. Enjoy!
LeftoversRefrigerate in airtight containers for up to three days.
Dairy-FreeUse dairy-free tzatziki instead.
Additional ToppingsCucumbers, olives, feta cheese, fresh dill, fresh parsley.
No Greek SeasoningUse Italian seasoning or a combination of oregano, dried parsley, garlic powder, and onion powder.
Calories: 441kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 35g | Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 88mg | Sodium: 2051mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 1553IU | Vitamin C: 62mg | Calcium: 113mg | Iron: 1mg