Garlicky Broccoli & Chickpea Pasta
- 2 cups Broccoli (finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup Chickpeas (cooked, patted dry)
- 1 1/2 tsps Avocado Oil
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt (divided)
- 1 cup Chickpea Pasta
- 1 1/2 tbsps Extra Virgin Olive Oil (divided)
- 2 Garlic (cloves, minced and divided)
- 2 tbsps Nutritional Yeast
- 1/4 cup Water
- 2 tsps Lemon Juice
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF (204ºC). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place broccoli and chickpeas on the baking sheet. Season with avocado oil and half of the salt. Roast for 20 minutes until broccoli is tender and chickpeas are slightly crispy. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to package directions.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add half of the olive oil and half of the garlic. Cook until the garlic is foamy and golden brown, about 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and immediately add the remaining garlic, salt, olive oil, nutritional yeast and water. Stir to combine.
- Add the cooked pasta, roasted broccoli and chickpeas to the skillet and stir in the lemon juice. Toss to evenly coat the pasta. If the pasta is too dry, add an additional tablespoon of water or oil at a time until desired consistency is reached. Season with additional salt, and lemon juice, if needed.
- Divide between plates and serve immediately. Enjoy!
LeftoversRefrigerate in an airtight container for up to three days. Reheat with additional water or oil to prevent pasta from being too dry.
Serving SizeOne serving is equal to approximately 2 1/4 cups.
Gluten-FreeUse rice pasta or quinoa pasta instead of whole wheat pasta.
More FlavorReserve some of the starchy cooking liquid from the pasta to use instead of plain water.
Additional ToppingsTop with additional nutritional yeast, vegan parmesan cheese, fresh parsley, lemon zest, black pepper or red pepper flakes.
Serving: 2g | Calories: 448kcal | Carbohydrates: 54g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 19g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 649mg | Fiber: 13g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 579IU | Vitamin C: 85mg | Calcium: 77mg | Iron: 3mg