Glazed Ham with Sweet Potato Mash
- 5 lbs Ham, Bone-in (fully cooked, rind removed, room temperature)
- 1/3 cup Water
- 4 Sweet Potato (large, peeled, chopped)
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup
- 1/4 cup Coconut Sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsps Dijon Mustard
- 1 tbsp Rosemary (fresh, chopped)
- 15 cups Mixed Greens
- Preheat the oven to 300°F (150°C). Place the ham in a baking dish and use a sharp knife to score a diamond pattern over the surface. Fill the dish with the water and cover the ham with foil or a lid. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a pot of water to a boil. Add the sweet potatoes and cook for about 10 minutes or until soft. Drain the water and mash with a masher. Set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together the maple syrup, coconut sugar, dijon mustard, and rosemary.
- Remove the ham from the oven and increase the temperature to 425°F (220°C). Discard the foil and coat the ham in 1/3 of the glaze, brushing in between the cuts. Return to the oven uncovered and roast for 15 minutes.
- Repeat with the remaining glaze every 15 minutes until a dark golden-brown crust is formed. Let sit for 20 minutes before slicing.
- Divide the ham, sweet potato mash, and mixed greens onto plates. Enjoy!
Leftovers: Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to two weeks or freeze for up to one month. Serving Size: One serving equals approximately six to seven ounces of ham, one cup of mashed sweet potatoes, and 1 1/2 cups of salad. More Flavor: Add salt, cinnamon, and milk to the mashed sweet potatoes. Add olive oil, lemon juice, or your dressing of choice to the salad. No Maple Syrup: Use honey instead. No Coconut Sugar: Use brown sugar instead.
Calories: 435kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 36g | Fat: 39g | Cholesterol: 152mg | Sodium: 708mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 7392IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 55mg | Iron: 2mg