Grilled Cilantro Lime Pesto Shrimp
- 1 cup Cilantro (tough stems removed)
- 1 cup Parsley (tough stems removed)
- 1 Garlic (clove, minced)
- 3 tbsps Lime Juice
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper (to taste)
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 lb Shrimp (peeled, deveined, tails removed)
- 4 Barbecue Skewers
- Add the cilantro, parsley, garlic, lime juice, salt, and pepper to the food processor. Pulse to finely chop the cilantro and parsley. With the food processor running, stream in the olive oil. Blend for about a minute, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Add half of the sauce to a zipper-lock bag then add the shrimp. Marinate the shrimp for at least 15 minutes.
- Shake off any excess marinade and pierce the shrimp onto the barbecue skewers. Discard the leftover marinade that was touching the shrimp.
- Grill over medium-high heat for four to five minutes, flipping halfway through or until the shrimp are cooked through. Divide the shrimp skewers between plates and serve with the remaining sauce. Enjoy!
LeftoversRefrigerate in an airtight container for up to three days.
Serving SizeOne serving is equal to one 12-inch skewer.
More FlavorAdd cumin or red pepper flakes to the pesto sauce.
No ParsleyUse more cilantro instead.
No Hemp SeedsOmit or use walnuts or pine nuts instead.
Barbecue SkewersIf using wooden skewers, be sure to soak in water for at least 30 minutes before grilling.
Serving: 4g | Calories: 226kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 183mg | Sodium: 146mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 1556IU | Vitamin C: 25mg | Calcium: 99mg | Iron: 2mg