Ground Beef, Asparagus & Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- 3 Sweet Potato (medium, peeled and chopped)
- 4 cups Asparagus (woody ends trimmed, chopped in half)
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt (divided)
- 1 tbsp Avocado Oil
- 1 lb Extra Lean Ground Beef
- Set the sweet potatoes in a steaming basket over boiling water and cover. Steam for about 15 minutes, or until tender. Transfer the sweet potatoes to a bowl.
- In the same steaming basket, steam the asparagus for about 3 to 5 minutes for thin asparagus, or 6 to 8 minutes for thick asparagus. Set aside.
- Add half the salt to the sweet potatoes and mash until creamy.
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium heat. Cook the beef, breaking it up as it cooks. Season with the remaining salt and drain any excess liquid.
- Divide the mashed sweet potato, asparagus and beef onto plates or into containers. Enjoy!
No Sweet PotatoesUse regular potatoes, eddo, jicama or kohlrabi instead.
No Avocado OilUse coconut oil, olive oil, ghee or butter instead.
StorageRefrigerate in an airtight container up to 3 days.
Serving SizeOne serving is equal to approximately 3/4 cup of mashed sweet potatoes, 1 cup of asparagus and 1/2 cup of ground beef.
Vegan & VegetarianOmit the ground beef and use cooked lentils instead.
Extra Creamy PotatoesAdd a splash of water, broth or milk while mashing the sweet potatoes for extra creaminess.
Serving: 4g | Calories: 341kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 15g | Cholesterol: 74mg | Sodium: 426mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 14861IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 75mg | Iron: 6mg